Job Title: Custodian
Job Location: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, 7711 East Academy Blvd., Denver CO 80230
Department: Facilities Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Part Time (10-28 hours per week with weekend and evening times required)
Job Summary: Wings Over the Rockies is seeking dedicated and energetic individuals to assist the facilities team in maintaining the cleanliness of the hangar to create a welcoming and positive experience for museum guests. The custodian will be responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness of the main hangar including the bathrooms, exhibit rooms, exhibit cases, offices, meeting rooms, and the museum store. This position will perform various daily and weekly cleaning tasks along with minor repairs and other projects as assigned.
– Following opening and closing procedures for the museum including turning on lights, locking and unlocking doors, and starting up various exhibitions
– Maintain the cleanliness and safety for all main area bathrooms for team members and guests
– Sweep, pick up debris, and clean spills throughout the entire hangar
– Regularly check all the trash receptacles in the museum including offices and empty as necessary
– Clean all glass cases, windows, and mirrored surfaces
– Dust fixtures and shelves and report any nonworking or broken items to Facilities Manager
– Clean, vacuum, and dust in offices
– Restock all supplies in bathrooms
– Collect, consolidate, and sort recycling into proper receptacles
– Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices
– Operate, sanitize, and maintain all equipment in a safe and proper manner
– Other duties as assigned
– Minimum of 1-2 year experience in cleaning commercial or office facilities
– Knowledge and experience in performing basic maintenance
– Ability to follow instructions and procedures and stick to a mapped out cleaning schedule assigned by the Facilities Manager
– Self-starter with problem solving skills and ability to work independently
– Attention to detail
– Strong work ethic and integrity
– Schedule will consist of 10-28 hours per week but will require flexibility based on facility needs; evening and weekend hours will apply
– Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and push and pull carts weighing up to 100 lbs
– Must be able to stand or be on feet for long periods of time
– Must be able to climb ladders
– Must maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
Working Conditions: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum operates in a 70 plus year old hangar. Environmental conditions may vary.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume along with contact information for three professional references to Resumes@WingsMuseum.org. Employment will be contingent upon the passing of a background check.
Job Title: Visitor Services Associate
Job Location: Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, 7711 East Academy Blvd., Denver. CO 80230
Department: Visitor Services
FLSA Status: Part-time (up to 25 hours per week, Thursday – Sunday, including holidays)
Job Summary: Wings Over the Rockies is seeking dynamic and energetic individuals who can help provide a welcoming and positive experience for all museum guests. This position exists to enhance the visitor experience by welcoming, informing, processing, and guiding museum guests from their entrance to exit.
The Guest Experience:
– Greet and make each museum visitors, including members, paid and invited guests, groups, event clientele, and vendors.
– Represent the museum to the public in a welcoming, energetic, professional, and friendly manner.
– Help manage the traffic flow of visitors and engage with all guests entering the museum.
Visitor Services Tasks:
– Check in visitors and members to the museum.
– Process retail store transactions.
– Encourage and sell museum retail store merchandise to all guests.
– Encourage and sell museum membership opportunities to all guests.
– Encourage and sell museum membership renewal opportunities to current members.
– Process and fulfill membership packs, stuff renewal letters, appeal letters, and general mailings.
– Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
– Direct deliveries and vendor traffic.
– Direct corporate event traffic.
– Communicate well and often with other staff and volunteers.
– Maintain proper cash handing procedures.
– Adhere to Wings’ brand management policies and integrated marketing protocols.
– Undertake any other duties or projects of a similar nature as may be required from time to time.
Job Skill Requirements and Experience:
– Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
– Exceptional customer service skills and initiative.
– At least one year of customer service and cash handing in a retail environment is required.
– Familiarity with computers, cash registers, and email is preferred.
Wings Over the Rockies operates in a 70 plus-year-old- aircraft hangar. Environmental conditions may vary.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Resumes@WingsMuseum.org. Please include the Job Title in the subject line of your email. Employment will be contingent upon the passing of a background check.