Let Wings Over the Rockies help you on your path to becoming a pilot! As part of Wings Pilot Pathway, learn the steps in getting your pilot certificate.
For more information contact us at 303-360-5360 ext 160 or Flight@WingsMuseum.org.
Step 1: Young Eagles Flight (Ages 8-17)
The Young Eagles program created by the EAA has dedicated more than 25 years to giving youths their first free ride in an airplane. Young Eagles’ sole mission is to inspire and introduce kids to the world of aviation.
- Free flight with an FAA certificated pilot. Flights will take off from Exploration of Flight, located on the south side of Centennial Airport. (Ages 8-17)
- Free access to Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course: $279 value. (Ages 13 and up)
- Reimbursement of the FAA written exam if passing score received after using Sporty’s online course; $165 value. (Ages 15 and up)
- Free first flight lesson after completing the first three volumes of the Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course: $130 value. (Ages 13 to 19)
- 50% off a Friends and Family Membership to Wings Over the Rockies.
Step 2: Introduction to Ground School (Ages 12-17)
Wings Over the Rockies’ Introduction to Ground School workshop offers the basics of pilot training and helps feed the love of flight. (Registration fee required.)
- Student membership to Wings Over the Rockies
- Introduction of pilot basics
- Simulator training
- Pre-flight basics
Step 3: Private Pilot Ground School (Ages 14 and up)
The 8-week Private Pilot Ground School will cover all the areas you will be tested on for your private pilot certificate, including airspace, aircraft systems, aerodynamics, cross country flight planning, weather and more. Instruction and assignments are provided by certified flight instructors. (Pricing varies for members/non-members.)
Step 4: Flight Training Scholarships (Ages 15 and up)
Wings Over the Rockies is thrilled to offer flight training scholarships to Colorado students (ages 15-18). The funds have generously been provided by the James C. Ray Foundation and offer students an opportunity to work towards private pilot certification in gliders or single engine airplanes. Funding can additionally be used for discounted ground school, to include books and material.
- Up to $10,000 flight training scholarships for a private pilot certificate in a single engine aircraft
- Up to $6,000 for private pilot certificate for gliders
*Application required. Scholarships are not available year-round.