Let Wings Over the Rockies help you on your path to becoming a pilot! As part of Wings Pilot Pathway, learn the steps in getting your pilot certificate.
For more information contact us at 303-360-5360 ext 160 or Flight@WingsMuseum.org.
Step 1: Young Eagles Flight (Ages 8-17)
The Young Eagles program created by the EAA has dedicated more than 25 years to giving youths their first free ride in an airplane. Young Eagles’ sole mission is to inspire and introduce kids to the world of aviation.
- Free flight with an FAA certificated pilot. Flights will take off from Exploration of Flight, located on the south side of Centennial Airport. (Ages 8-17)
- Free access to Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course: $279 value. (Ages 13 and up)
- Reimbursement of the FAA written exam if passing score received after using Sporty’s online course; $165 value. (Ages 15 and up)
- Free first flight lesson after completing the first three volumes of the Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course: $130 value. (Ages 13 to 19)
- 50% off a Friends and Family Membership to Wings Over the Rockies.
Step 2: Introduction to Ground School (Ages 12-17)
Wings Over the Rockies’ Introduction to Ground School workshop offers the basics of pilot training and helps feed the love of flight. (Registration fee required.)
- Student membership to Wings Over the Rockies
- Introduction to pilot basics
- Simulator training
- Pre-flight basics
Step 3: Private Pilot Ground School (Ages 14 and up)
This 8-week Ground School will cover the subject areas of the FAA Private Pilot Aeronautical Knowledge Exam. This course is taught by Certified Instructors, and materials are included! Classroom ground instruction offers a great way to start training as efficiently and economically as possible, providing a significant cost savings versus one-on-one lessons.
Non-Member | $350.00 per registrant
Member | $300.00 per registrant
- Saturdays from September 30, 2023 to November 18, 2023, 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Saturdays from January 13, 2024 to March 2, 2024, 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Saturdays from March 30, 2024 to May 18, 2024, 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Currently, all sessions are full with a waitlist. To join the waitlist, please click here.
Step 4: Flight Training Scholarships (Ages 15 and up)
Wings Over the Rockies is thrilled to offer flight training scholarships to Colorado students (ages 15-18). The funds have generously been provided by the James C. Ray Foundation and offer students an opportunity to work towards private pilot certification in gliders or single engine airplanes. Funding can additionally be used for discounted ground school, to include books and material.
- Up to $12,000 flight training scholarships for a private pilot certificate in a single engine aircraft
- Up to $6,000 for private pilot certificate for gliders
Application required. Scholarships are not available year-round.