Teacher Flight Pathway
The Teacher Flight program at Wings Over the Rockies is a total immersion in the aviation industry for K-12 formal educators with direct support towards certifying new Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathways. Our program includes professional aerospace knowledge courses and flight training provided by Certified Flight Instructors to earn FAA certifications. Participants become a Teacher Envoy with free museum membership and direct access to guest speakers, statewide aviation programs, and educational opportunities including monthly online Aerospace Frontier educator support.
Check out this video to hear from Col. Eileen Collins, a former NASA astronaut and USAF Colonel, and honorary chair of the Teacher Flight Pathway program!
Join a Teacher Cohort
Join other educators from around the state for your exciting introduction to aviation. This four-hour experience includes orientation with different aviation careers, classroom and simulator training, and an instructional flight. Our Teacher Flight program experiences count as continuing education, as well as graduate course credit (1 credit per 15 contact hours), and building career hours towards a CTE endorsement.
Connect Students to Future Careers
- Wings’ Speakers Bureau will send industry experts to your school.
- Young Eagles flight experiences for students (ages 8-17).
- Private Pilot scholarships in airplanes and gliders (ages 15-18).
- Competitive drone programs, leagues, and tournaments (ages 12-17).
- Learn about the history of aviation with static aircraft and exhibits at Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum in Lowry, Denver.
- Simulators and real aviation training at our Exploration of Flight facility.