Air & Space Museum
The museum’s Denver location is on the site of the former Lowry Air Force Base. Located upstairs on the mezzanine level, the Lowry Room highlights the history of Lowry Field and Lowry Air Force Base, with focal areas featuring:
- Lowry’s namesake, Francis B. Lowry
- The first Lowry Field, located in northeast Denver
- Lowry during World War II
- Lowry’s years as the first home of the US Air Force Academy
- Lowry’s role in the Cold War
- The first Titan missile base
- Lowry’s closure and redevelopment into today’s Lowry neighborhood
Colorado Gives Day
Help Wings reach new heights this Colorado Gives Day!
Your gift will help support our educational programming and student learners, engaging exhibits, aircraft restoration and more!
Donate now! All support through December 6th counts towards Colorado Gives Day and the incentive fund. All participating Colorado Gives Day nonprofits earn a percentage of the fund. Visit our Colorado Gives Day Page or donate below.
Cockpit Demo Day
Get an up close look inside select aircraft at the museum and learn all about the history of the aircraft, instruments and controls!
Featured Aircraft in December:
- North American F-100 Super Sabre
- Martin EB-57
- Alexander Eaglerock
- Bede BD-5 (WC)
- Cessna U-3A
Vettes and Jets Showcase
Airpower meets horsepower! Join us at Exploration of Flight to see various models of classic, vintage and new Corvettes featured alongside the finest in air travel, a private jet.
Get updates and special offers
Sign up for our newsletter, and stay up to date with all of the latest exhibits and events at Wings Over the Rockies.