Growing up during the opening of space age, the Wings Over the Rockies Exhibits & Collections Manager is a life-long enthusiast of aviation and space flight. Bailey graduated from the University of Michigan School of Art & Design, and has had a career that spans over 30 years in Aviation, Space and Science Museums. Before coming to Wings, he served as the Curator for the Lone Star Flight Museum in Houston. Prior to that he was Curator at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum; Director of Education at the Kalamazoo Aviation History Museum (the Air Zoo); Executive Director of the Michigan Space & Science Center and Exhibits Graphic Designer for the Cranbrook Institute of Science Museum.
He has published one book on the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum collection and has numerous articles and photographs in aviation and spaceflight related books and magazines. He is an avid model builder and model rocketeer with additional interests in astronomy and American Civil War naval history.
- 1st Aero Squadron: Giving Birth to An Air Force
- D-Day in the Air: Airpower and the Success of Operation Overlord
- Double-Strike: The Schweinfurt-Regensburg Raid, August 17, 1943
- First Battle of the Cold War: The Airlift to Save Berlin 1948-1949
- From Bomber to Bomb: The B-17s of Project Aphrodite
- Flying Colors: The Art of Being Seen
- George H.W. Bush, Naval Aviator
- Germany’s Vengeance Weapons: Stepping Stones to the Moon
- Howard Hughes and His Amazing Flying Boat
- Miracle Off Midway: June 4-7, 1942
- Operation Tidal Wave: Attack on Ploesti, Rumania, August 1, 1943
- South of the Border: Aviation in Mexico 1909-1948
- When Trees Take Flight: Wood in Aircraft Production
Contact Stewart: firstname.lastname@example.org